“Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow”
Our Halloween Parade will take place on Friday, October 31st, 2014, beginning at approximately 1:15 PM. Parents are welcome to attend to watch the parade! Students must end their day with their teacher, unless they are checked out by parents by signing them out at the office. (Remember that unexcused ‘early outs’ count as one tardy!)
NO costumes should be worn to school! Students should be able to change into their costumes starting at 1:00, to be ready for the 1:15 parade and parents can come at 1:00 to assist. Teachers will ask for parent volunteers in their classrooms to assist students, if needed. The number of parent volunteers in each classroom is limited! This must be arranged ahead of time with your child’s teacher.
· Students must not wear their costumes to school. Students should come to school ready to learn and dressed like any other day.
· Costumes that depict anything bloody, gory, exceptionally frightening, or objectionable will not be allowed. School staff retains the right to determine if a costume is appropriate to wear at school.
· Replicas of weapons whether they be toy firearms, theatrical props, cap guns, starter pistols, knives, swords, hatchets, tridents, or other replica weapon items are not appropriate for school, even on Halloween!
· Costumes must be flexible and allow the wearer to move about easily, without danger of tripping or harming others.
· Shoes must be worn at all times.
· Students must be able to see clearly, even while wearing a mask.
· No Make-up allowed.
· We encourage costumes that represent characters from literature, animals, community members, or inanimate objects (see the sample list of recommended costumes.)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CANDY, CUPCAKES, ETC. TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHILD!
Thank you again for making this a fun community experience for our students and families! If you have any questions about our Halloween activity, please let your child’s teacher know.
Everybody’s collecting box tops!
Each year Jackson collects thousands of box tops to support our library.
In past years we’ve collected hundreds of dollars’ worth to buy some terrific books for all our students.
This year we have a goal of collecting 10,000 box tops.
The class that brings in the most box tops by November 13 will win a set of books for their class!