Parents have choices in RUSD!
Education is not "one-size fits all" and we believe parents should have choices when it comes to their children's educations. That's why we have many diverse programs available. These include:
- Core Knowledge Innovation and Arts Academy at Bryant Elementary School (K-6, with full implementation in grades K-1) -- offering a unique, thematic approach to learning
- STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics) Academy at Central Middle School (Grades 5-7) -- offers accelerated/concentrated learning opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Dual Language Immersion (K-6) -- This program, offered Castle View and Washington Elementary Schools, helps students to learn both English and Spanish and to become proficient in these languages before students enter middle school.
- High School Academy Options -- All 5 RUSD comprehensive high schools offer academy programs featuring smaller learning communities and specialized areas of study.
- JROTC Options (Grades 9-12) -- RUSD is home to four outstanding and award-winning JROTC programs, which are housed at Arlington, King, Poly, and Ramona High Schools.
- Riverside Virtual School (Grades 3-12) -- Offers a flexible learning environment in a blended online/classroom experience. Students need not live within RUSD boundaries to participate in this program.
- Friendly Neighborhood Schools (Grades Pre-K-12) -- offer a close-knit, community feel and convenience of location.