Emerson Elementary School offers rigorous standards-based academic program as well as a unique and compelling learning environment. Emerson boasts high levels of academic performance in a multicultural setting.
- The home of a community garden
- State-level history and science champions
- The Green Team environmental awareness program participates in gardening, recycling and composting activities.
- Emerson is home to the East side
- We are located across the street from Bordwell Park and half-way between UCR and downtown.
- Emerson is considered to be a “mini-United Nations” school because of the rich diversity of cultures,languages and countries represented in our population.
- We have recently completed construction of three new buildings which include12 classrooms, a new library, a new bus entry and parking lot.
- State History Day- For the past several years (including 2011) at least one student from Emerson has advanced to the State History Day Competition.
- Science Fair- Emerson students have earned numerous awards at the UCR/RUSD Science Fair as well as the regional Science Fair competitions.
- Reflections- Emerson students participate in the PTA Reflections competition and have recently earned regional awards.
- Emerson uses a structured Physical Education program called Game Day to teach PE skills and provide rigorous physical activity.
Technology on campus
- Emerson has excellent technology resources, including over 250 new netbooks for students, Promethean Boards for teachers, and several classrooms have iPods for every student.
- Our library has a computer lab with 18 computers for student use.
- Every fourth and fifth grade student will have an iPod assigned to them in the classroom to be used as an instructional resource.
- Each Sixth grade class have several iPads available for student use.
- Emerson participates in First in Math, Pearson SuccesNet, Accelerated Reader, and Study Island.
- For 4th-6th grade students who are below grade level in reading, Emerson offers specialized classes-Read 180-to help catch them up quickly.
After Hour Programs
- After school homework help, academic enrichment and recreation is available through two different options- the school's HEARTS program (951) 452-9562
- The City of Riverside's Stratton Community Center (951) 826-5355.
- Emerson offers a unique Saturday School program which provides students the opportunity to make up absences.