Patricia Betty Elementary School opened the doors to students on August 27, 2007. Named for a local author of children's books, Patricia Beatty's campus has a small orange grove to commemorate her book, "The Queen's Own Grove." The site was built to relieve overcrowding in one of the oldest sections of Riverside. Students and teachers enjoy access to the most recent educational technology, as each classroom is equipped with interactive devices. Beatty became and AVID Elementary School during the 2013-14 school year, joining other RUSD schools in our district.
Patricia Beatty looks forward to the future with enthusiasm.
- Optimist Club
- Altura Credit Union
- First Baptist Church
- Assistance League of Riverside
- Founded in 2007, our school is one of the newest in Riverside
- Our mascot is the bobcat
- Our school colors are green and gold
- Our school was named after local author, Patricia Beatty
- Our school motto: "I am the author of my future"
- AVID Elementary
- Student Council
- Before School Intervention Programs
- Computer lab open to students and families
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- School Site Council (SSC)
- Parent, Teacher, Student Association (PTSA)
- Principal's Tea
- The Latino Family Literacy Program
- Rosetta Stone Language Program